The defendant applied for leave to appeal against his sentence after conviction for an offence under section 5 of the 2006 Act.
Held: The Court was not prepared to lay down any general range for s.5 offences.
 EWCA Crim 664
Terrorism Act 2006 5(1)
England and Wales
- See Also – Tabbakh, Regina v CACD 3-Mar-2009
The defendant appealed against his conviction for preparing for terrorist offences, saying that the judge should not have allowed inferences to be drawn from from his decision not to give evidence. He had brought evidence that his physical or mental . .
(2009) 173 JP 201,  EWCA Crim 464
- See Also – Tabbakh v United Kingdom ECHR 21-Feb-2012
In 2000 the applicant fled Syria. In November 2001 he arrived in the United Kingdom and claimed political asylum. It was accepted that he had a well-founded fear of persecution if returned to Syria and in July 2005 he was granted Indefinite Leave to . .
40945/09,  ECHR 407
- See Also – Tabbakh, Regina (on The Application of) v The Staffordshire and West Midlands Probation Trust and Another Admn 9-Aug-2013
The claimant challenged the attaching additional licence conditions on his release from prison. He is serving the non-custodial part of a seven year sentence imposed for an offence of preparing a terrorist act. He was released automatically on . .
 1 WLR 1022,  EWHC 2492 (Admin)
- See Also – Tabbakh, Regina (on The Application of) v Staffordshire and West Midlands Probation Trust and Another CA 19-Jun-2014
The claimant sought judicial review of the conditions imposed on him on being released from prison under licence, saying that interfered with his Article 8 rights. . .
 EWCA Civ 827
- Cited – Dart and Others v Regina CACD 31-Oct-2014
The defendants had been convicted on guilty pleas of offences under the 2006 Act. Dart had been sentenced to a six year term and a five year extended sentence. Other received shorter and longer sentences as appropriate. They now applied for leave to . .
 EWCA Crim 2158
These lists may be incomplete.
Updated: 03 December 2020; Ref: scu.538536